NATIVE ENGLISH SENIOR COPYWRITER
HTNK is looking for an experienced and fashion-focused native English senior copywriter, for a menswear company located in Amsterdam.
An internationally operating menswear business offering both private label as well as their own brand is looking for an experienced native English senior copywriter to lead their Creative team’s text-based efforts. They offer a fun and energetic work environment with in-house benefits and professional trainings; and opportunities for you to develop your own ideas and initiatives.
Your responsibilities include:
- Mentoring and collaborating with another copywriter to set the tone of the private label and other brands; maintaining style documentation and ensuring these brands remain separate and consistent
- Writing and editing content for all collections, including both online retail descriptions and hard copy material for international customers
- Writing and editing marketing initiatives, including e.g. emails, newsletters, social media and other recurrent opportunities for communication and interaction with the customer
- Protecting the textual consistency throughout the entire company
- Helping to streamline and speed up extensive and repetitive text (database) jobs
- Coordinating translations into other languages, such as French and German; this may include researching and “auditioning” freelancers and external agencies
- Overseeing and managing projects related to copywriting, editing, and translating
The perfect candidate:
- A native English speaker (please only apply if English is your native language).
- Has a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working/thinking level
- Built working experience in a similar role for at least 7 years.
- Has the ability to write at an advanced level in different styles/tones of voice
- Has an impeccable feel for words, style, tone, grammar and everything else that goes into ensuring each piece of copy is both consistent and captivating
- Is able to communicate complex ideas in as few words as possible
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Some skills that are not required, but a plus:
- A strong affinity with and knowledge of fabrics and menswear
- A good grasp of the Dutch language
- Translation skills (from Dutch to English)
Interested? Please apply now!