HIGH-END FASHION/DENIM DESIGNER
For our client TSHEPO JEANS, based in Johannesburg South Africa, we are looking for a high-end denim/fashion designer with flair to capture the mood on the street in their ready-to-wear line. The designer will design & develop the collection in close contact with Tshepo Mohlala, the founder of the brand, and his team.
Who is Tshepo Mohlala?
Tshepo Mohlala founded the denim brand Tshepo in 2015 and offers a range of bespoke denim clothing and ready-to-wear products that have established itself in the hearts and minds of ordinary South Africans and people across the world.
As a designer, you interpret trends and come up with a unique handwriting that translates into products from jeans to t-shirts, jackets to accessoires and many more.
To ensure success you will be able to tell stories, capture the spirit of the times in your creations and display business acumen in your ability to apply product strategy.
And of course, the ideal candidate is a creative genius.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in design or fine, or college degree in fashion or related field
• +- 5 years of design experience
• Availability to relocate to Johannesburg, South Africa.
• Availability to travel for research and product development
• Excellent design and conceptual skills
• Excellent sense of style, prints and color
• Ability to do sketches by hand & in Adobe
• Denim Design experience
• Experience in technical sketches, techpacks
• Great communication skills, both verbal and written with the team and the suppliers
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines
• Great team player
• Managing design process from conception through to final styling and product
• Conduct market research to identify new trends, fabric & techniques and seeking design inspiration
• Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to line and create new concepts
• Ensuring product is in agreement with the business strategy
• Selecting fabrics and trims
• Creating production sketches for development packages
• Collaborating with technical designer to ensure development packages are accurate
• Reviewing product for style and fit during presentation
• Presenting story, mood boards, and samples to management and make sure the brand and collection is cohesive and spot on.
You are based in Johannesburg or willing to move. Tshepo Jeans is based in Victoria Yards in a supercool atelier/space where both bespoke services and sales of the ready to wear line are done as well as design & development.
Do you fit to the described profile, and are you ready for an exciting next step in your career? Then apply via the link!
Do you fit to the described profile, and are you ready for an exciting next step in your career? Please apply now with an English resume!