Head of Fashion & Design
The Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (HvA) is looking for the Amsterdam Fashion Institute (AMFI) for a:
Head of Fashion & Design
For the Fashion & Design department we are looking for a professional with leadership qualities, a people manager who has a deep love for fashion and has a vision for the future of fashion and education and can inspire and manage a team.
AMFI is the largest fashion institute in the Netherlands; it is also the only fashion institute in the Netherlands that covers the entire fashion chain. The AMFI trains students for a career in the fashion world.
As Head of Fashion & Design
- Together with your team and the AMFI MT, you are responsible for the development, design, planning, organization, implementation and quality of Fashion & Design education at AMFI;
- Be part of the Management Team and report to the director of AMFI;
- You will work with a team of approximately 30 Fashion & Design teachers;
- You are responsible for the coherence in the established curriculum, the ongoing learning pathways on the one hand and the coherence with the total training offer of AMFI on the other hand;
- Contribute from a substantive and educational perspective to the renewal of design education and curriculum of the program as a whole;
- You are responsible for the quality assurance system of the curricula of the Design department;
- Maintain your contacts with the professional field and represent the program in (national and international) consultations and at trade fairs and exhibitions;
- Translate your challenges in the fashion industry into fashion education;
- You work together with advanced researchers to be able to develop innovative research (more quickly) and integrate it into the curriculum.
Who are we looking for?
- A fashion professional with (design) experience in a leading position in the fashion industry nationally and internationally;
- You have an innovative and future-oriented vision of fashion and fashion education;
- You are a real people manager, you have leadership qualities, you have extensive managerial experience in education, you have an affinity with fashion and you work result-oriented;
- You have experience with work processes, analyze situations and set priorities;
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
- You have a (preferably relevant) master's degree;
- You are in possession of a teaching certificate or are willing to obtain it;
- Experience in higher education and a network in the fashion world is a plus.
Would you like to know more about this challenging position?
- It concerns a temporary employment contract for the duration of one year with a view to an employment contract for an indefinite period.
- An extensive package of fringe benefits, including a generous holiday arrangement and a 13th month;
- Excellent study and development opportunities through our HvA Academy;
- Lecturers must have a didactic qualification, or must be obtained within a set period. The HvA offers you this training.
Do you want to apply?
Send your CV, personal motivation letter and vision (1 a4) on the field of Fashion & Design in the 21st century via the following link
Do you fit to the described profile, and are you ready for an exciting next step in your career? Please apply now with an English resume!