To ensure that our clients unique design history is a constant source of inspiration for current and future creativity and to make the use of the design archive a strategic element in the designs.
Our client is a Dutch design and textile printing company. Influenced by Indonesian Batik, designed in the Netherlands, it’s history and design style is a multicultural mixture of beauty and industrial craftsmanship. Founded in 1846 by Dutch entrepreneurs, It is one of the world’s most dynamic fabric design companies with a reputation for surprising creativity and global exchange. Within this exchange is the story of African women — entrepreneurs and tailors who took the prints into their hearts and culture; creating meanings around the designs and beautiful garments to express their individuality
They have been designing and manufacturing distinctive fabrics loved by African women since 1846. The specially crafted fabrics – Wax Hollandais, Super-Wax – continue to be made with time-honoured methods and materials in Helmond, the Netherlands.
- Analysis of the brands design history
- Using archive designs strategically to inspire new designs
- Seeking commercial and creative understanding for re-interpretations of old designs
- Creating a framework for the potential of archive designs in relation to the contemporary design world
Standards of performance
The largest print archive in the world must be comprehensively understood for its historical origins and its modern potential
Designs and elements of designs should be systematically discussed with designers to inspire new design directions
Contacts should be established to understand market reaction to archive designs and how they can best be commercially exploited.
A wide understanding of the print archive should be used to position the brand history as relevant in current, global design.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Design (any field)
- Experience with material research, packaging and branding
- Up to date in brands, trends and sustainability knowledge
- You are a design driven person and a material expert
- Curiosity and ability to explore and find opportunities that suit the African context
- Good team worker, autonomous and organized
- Prepared to travel, notably to Africa
Location: South of the Netherlands
Do you fit to the described profile, and are you ready for an exciting next step in your career? Please apply now with an English resume!