We’re hiring. And we’re looking for team players who share our belief in the power of movement to lift spirits and project positivity.
We are an international sportswear athleisure company with our HQ based in the Netherlands near Amsterdam. We’ve always believed in the positive benefits of movement. And this year, we’ve recommitted to this founding purpose, supporting more people to experience the transformative power of movement, on the body and the mind. So, this is your chance to join a truly purpose-driven brand.
As Materials Manager, you’ll provide technical management for all fabrics developed at AEG – global and regional. Your research and astute sourcing of materials will help us produce products on time, on cost and on trend.
You’ll work closely with our Product Managers and Product Designers to review and refine materials, keeping our textiles ahead of the curve. Your detailed knowledge of the manufacturing process will help improve the performance of a wide range of sports apparel.
You could be the right person for this role regardless of your age, nationality, religious beliefs or gender identification. We welcome diversity in our people, their backgrounds and life experiences.
Can you move minds?
We’re looking for a textiles aficionado with a commercial mindset and skills. Someone who stays up to date with latest advances in materials and wants to share their enthusiasm with a like-minded team.
Reporting to the Director Sourcing and Production, as part of the role you’ll:
- Regularly review, refine and develop fabrics with Product Managers and Product Designers.
- Travel to fabric mills across the world to maintain standards across weaving, knitting and dying processes.
- Update relevant teams on the status of new fabrics and development schedules.
- Liaise with labs to coordinate tests for specific fabrics and functions.
- Maintain our physical fabric library.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re a confident public speaker. You relish the chance to present to a crowd.
- You’re results orientated. You measure success against meaningful goals.
- You’re a communications whizz. You enjoy sharing information with new people.
- You’re well organised. You have a track record of excellent project planning.
- You’re a critical thinker. You analyse complex information with ease.
What we’re looking for
- Four-year degree in textiles/fashion or equivalent experience.
- Six years’ experience in fabric production, preferably in sporting apparel.
- A deep understanding of outerwear and sportswear fabrics.
- Strong presentation and written communication skills.
- A true team player with a track record of collaborating with others.
- Strong project planning and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
Join our team
When you join our team, you join a family and become part of something special. We know that sport means so much more than physical activity alone. It’s about coming together, sharing experiences and enhancing our all-round wellbeing.
That’s why we practice what we preach. You’ll join a company focused on creating an inclusive environment that fosters diversity and individualism, healthy bodies and healthy minds. As an employer, we offer a range of benefits and services to our people to experience the positive impact of movement, every day.
Application without candidate possessing a working permit can not be considered.
Do you fit to the described profile, and are you ready for an exciting next step in your career? Please apply now with an English resume!