Sales Manager Textiles
Our client is a textile innovation company based in Amsterdam focusing on drastically changing the textile industry as we know it today. With an in-house knit lab with a range of circular knitting machines, extensive yarn library, a creative atelier and a consultancy design company they are experimenting and innovating to create the highest quality knits.
It’s their mission to create conscious creators and invite a wide variety of brands from world leading companies, from sportswear, to fashion, all the way to interior and automotive.
The future is to allow these brands to create in a conscious manner through an online platform, digitising the full supply chain from designing your unique textile through to producing the fabric. They believe in transparency, supplying creators with tools to design and construct their own knits, based on their specific requirements, and make textile creation a fundamental part of their design process.
About the team
- Be part of a dynamic, international team (35+ people) in Amsterdam
- Mix of experts in different fields (knit engineers, atelier specialists, yarn specialists, Chief Pocket Officer, knit designers, in-house digital team and more)
- You will be working closely with our Business Director, within the Business Development Department.
Sales Manager - Textiles
We are accelerating rapidly as we are on a mission to disrupt a multi billion euro industry. With our platform for custom and responsible textiles we are equipping creators to regain control and creativity. The current success of our textiles and platform invites us to accelerate and reach out to even more creators, brands and industries.
Sales Manager for Textiles is a sales focused role, within which sourcing, negotiating, and closing deals with prospective clients will be your main priority; resulting in them developing innovative, custom made textiles through the online platform. The ultimate goal of the role being to push and fuel the continued (business) growth of the company’s revenue.
The role will require the successful candidate to be able to increase the number of and effectively manage prospects within the sales funnel. Hence, proven skills in direct sales, negotiating and closing deals, project management and B2B prospect-to-sales conversion are key qualifications.
Goal getting, eagerness, closing attitude and structured way of working are essential characteristics. The ultimate goal is to convert prospects into clients and provide a clean handover to the Client Success and Operations teams.
An understanding of textile, the textile industry, and textile client requirements in combination with experience across multiple industries would be very beneficial.
What you'll be doing
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Highlighting potential target clients across various industries; furniture & interior, automotive, tech, fashion etc.
- Closing new deals based on clear vertical and revenue targets
- Direct sales activities developing new business in specific industry categories
- Working closely with the Marketing and Client Success team
- Developing and activating approach strategies, towards these targets.
- Conducting client meetings, ranging from introducing prospects to finalising agreements with prospective clients.
- Onboarding clients through the online platform and web app.
- Managing and maintaining sales funnel flow tools.
- Providing insightful sales performance dashboards and analysis.
- Managing your own portfolio of clients from initial reach out to contract negotiation.
- Working alongside the Business Director on conversion improvement strategies.
- Pushing towards pre-agreed revenue, margin and conversion targets, both individually and divisionally.
- Pro-actively engage in new sales initiatives, improvement projects and inter-department alignment.
Skills & experience
What we're looking for in the ideal candidate. Not all of these are must haves, so please take the leap to get in touch even if you don't feel you meet all criteria:
- ±3-5 years experience within direct sales roles within the textile (related) industry.
- Affinity and/or experience within the textile, furniture, interior, automotive industry is a preference.
- Focused and sales results driven, including owning clear revenue targets.
- Experienced in setting up sales funnels, conversion of (direct sales) channels and tools (B2B).
- Well organised, working with a structured manner, always with a focus on closing the transaction.
- An independant, self-starting, rapid learner, creative problem solver
- Confident in client facing scenarios, able to listen and quickly react to client needs
- Data-driven: clear understanding of data, analytics, metrics and statistics.
- Being comfortable in a constantly pivoting environment.
- Excel / Google Sheets efficient and with some experience of funnel management softwares, such as Pipedrive or Hubspot.
- Be part of a dynamic, international team in Amsterdam.
- Help build and sell the tools and supply chains for textile's future.
- Working within a rapidly growing, market influencing business.
- Job level: Medior-level (reporting to Business Director)
- Salary based on experience level and scale level (medior)
- Daily, healthy office lunch
- A steep learning curve
For more info contact email@example.com
Do you fit to the described profile, and are you ready for an exciting next step in your career? Please apply now with an English resume!