Lifestyle Buying manager
We are looking for an experienced Buying Manager with strong core competence and track records for women wear product development and scouring to be part of the brand’s execute management team, for a leading European women wear retailer located in Beijing.
You work well with motivating people and build high performance teams. You are able to use your fashion sense to improve the product look and quality. You love challenges and are result driven but keeping eye for detail. With your entrepreneurial character you spot new business opportunities. You like to travel and able to bring your team to a higher level. Your goal is to buy the best collections ever.
- Fully responsible for the production of our Lifestyle collections. This includes negotiating purchase prices, qualities, and deliveries with our suppliers.
- Further development of our existing supplier base to meet collection requirements
- Ensure that orders are placed with the right suppliers, based on your understanding of their strengths and weaknesses
- Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation of existing suppliers. Prepare formal evaluation for our suppliers regularly.
Day-to-Day management of team
- Coach merchandisers regarding each style: understanding of requirements, problem solving, order placement and price approval and quality approval
- Organize regular team meetings
- Arrange quarterly evaluation of all team members
- Arrange training for staff where necessary
- Recruit new staff where necessary
Sales performance follow-up
- Visit our stores on regular basis with team members
- Discuss sales achievements with team on a regular basis
- Follow up on sales data and inventory reports
- Identify opportunities to improve performance
- Contribute with ideas for improvements/opportunitiesin the market, in terms of price points/qualities/category mix
- Ensure on-going management of delivery to shops
- Review weekly delivery plans to shops
Main job qualifications
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience with buying/merchandising from the Lifestyle industry.Preferably, you have worked fora home or lifestyle brand
- You have managerial experience
- You are experienced in working with Far East suppliers
- You can identify new trends and implement these in your work
- You have strong negotiation skills
- You are not afraid of a ‘hands-on’ approach
- You have good English skills, both spoken and written
- You are willing to live in Beijing
- You are interested in working with different cultures
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you fit to the described profile, and are you ready for an exciting next step in your career? Please apply now with an English resume!