CREATIVE PATTERN CUTTER
HTNK is looking for a CREATIVE PATTERN CUTTER for a high end Fashion Designer, based in Antwerp.
They present 4 womenswear collections a year and more than 100 retailers carry his collection worldwide. We are currently looking for a pattern-cutter with working experience for a full-time position.
As a creative pattern cutter, you will be working closely with the creative team and collection manager. You will create hand-drawn patterns by shape research, draping, and from sketches, from 1st proto to production pattern.
Your job responsibilities include:
- Develop (hand-drawn) patterns from sketches or drapes, given by the design team. Or work on own drapes.
- Develop new constructions by moulage
- Prepare toiles for fittings
- Attend fittings, and make adaptions as discussed with the design team
- Prepare final patterns for manufacturers, and calculate fabric consumptions
- Prepare technical instructions and measurement tables for the manufacturer
- Work on in-house made show-pieces, and retouch on finished samples.
- Attend the show fittings in Paris, and assist backstage during the show
- Instruct & teach interns to make technical drawings, moulages or stitch toiles
- Make production corrections to the patterns, and work closely together with production department to communicate production improvements to the manufacturers
- You have a bachelor’s degree in pattern cutting, or fashion design specialized in pattern-cutting
- At least 2-3 years working experience in a similar job, company and sufficient technical background.
- Strong communication skills in English, written and spoken. Understanding of Dutch is an advantage
- Experience with digital patternmaking is an advantage
If you are interested in this job, please apply now and send us your portfolio, CV and cover letter.