HEAD OF BUYING
HTNK is looking for a HEAD OF BUYING for a leading European Womenswear retailer, located in one of China's most exciting cities. The Head of Buying has strong core competence and track records for womenswear product development and sourcing, and will be part of the brands execute management team.
- Management of 40+ team members working with buying, product development and fitting
- Drive product development by supporting the total design process and ensuring to bring the latest developments/techniques/fabrics.
- Order placement with suppliers including negotiating purchase prices, quality and deliveries, etc. to meet KPI’s for margins, quality and lead-time/delivery on-time
- Develop & execute a competitive production strategy (incl. speed to market in trends and repeats) and further develop supplier based to meet the objectives
- Collection planning responsible and create together with product director/creative director a detailed collection plan for each season
- Lead partnerships with cross functional departments/brands to develop long term strategies to achieve goals of the business with parameters of cost and quality targets and delivery schedules
- Guarantee fit and quality remains at high level and kept up-to-date
- Constantly looking for improving sales growth and sales-through in the brand’s multichannel network of retail shops and on-lines shops
- Strong leadership
- Bachelor degree in textiles or proven track record in the fashion industry
- Ability to set priorities and work organized
- Strong analytical skills and good business mindset
- Strong fashion sense and ability to implement new trends in the product development process
- You have strong negotiation skills
- You have good English skills, both spoken and written
- Eager to bring the best product to the shop floor
- You have at least 8-10 years of relevant work experience with buying/development from the fashion industry. Preferably, you have worked for a women’s wear brand, preferable trend driven high street brand
- Proven excellent leadership skills and strong management track-record
- Hands-on product skills and skilled in the technical area
- You are experienced in working with Far East garment suppliers
You work well with motivating people and build high performance teams. You are able to use your fashion sense to improve the product look and quality.You love challenges and are result driven but keeping eye for detail. With your entrepreneurial character you spot new business opportunities. You like to travel and able to bring your team to a higher level. Your goal is to buy the best collections ever.
Do you fit to the described profile, and are you ready for an exciting next step in your career? Please apply now with an English resume!