HTNK is looking for an Art Director for an innovative start-up specialised in consumer electronics.
Fulltime role, location Amsterdam
We are looking for a hands-on passionate guru who has the desire to create cutting-edge visual work.
Someone with strong concept driven work and storytelling experience across media - film/print/photography/digital.
Must have advertising agency experience with a design background.
The Art Director will need to collaborate closely with, and direct, other members of the design department, as well as external creatives.
The Art Director’s primary responsibility is to ensure that work created for the brand, is always fresh, always on-brand, and executed at an extremely high level, conceptually and technically.
The Art Director will report to the Design Director.
Examples of work-tasks:
- Campaign concept, execution & delivery
- Create and develop campaign concepts in response to creative briefings from comms
- Direct and execute the “hero content” (photoshoot/video/installation etc) for the campaign, working with in-house and/or external creatives
- Direct a team to format and supply campaign materials to relevant departments (comms team, social channels, e-commerce, trade marketing, etc)
- Product & Packaging Design
- Developing a product concept that is synchronous with the campaign to which the product will be attached. For instance, the summer of Polaroid
- Design process (early sketches, reviews, presentations, edits): taking into account production processes, materials, existing procedures, in order to minimize costs and production issues
- Handover to production (design adjustments, file preparation for delivery, sign-off on feedback proofs)
- Trade Shows / POS Material / Collateral
- Creation of a set of tools to be distributed to external collaborators / designers
- Create graphics and 2D visual materials for trade shows (i.e IFA, complexcon, CES)
- Design assets for Customer Support / Wholesale Teams
- Editorial Project (a small run publication to support presence at trade shows or to strengthen artistic collaboration).
Does this sounds like the perfect fit to you?
Then please apply now!